KDB Healthcare is committed to the protection of the Environment by using renewable resources wherever possible. We strive to build relationships with suppliers whose manufacturing processes and products have the minimum possible impact on the environment.
It is the policy of KDB Healthcare to:
- Ensure that we comply with applicable environmental regulations as set out by the Environmental Management Authority under Zimbabwean law, as well as other appropriate requirements.
- Integrate environmental management into our day-to-day business operations to ensure environmental issues are addressed, whilst providing a quality product to all our customers.
- Reduce our use of natural resources such as energy and water; reuse resources whenever possible ; and encourage the use of recycled materials and recycling initiatives.
- Prevent pollution by reducing emissions and discharges
- Operate in a manner designed to minimise risk and to protect our employees, the public and the environment.
- Encourage involvement in and understanding of environmental issues particularly related to the healthcare industry
- Ensure that our staff, suppliers, customers and the general public have access to this policy.
- Reduce or avoid fossil fuel sources of power that contribute to climate change.
We will achieve this by doing the following:
- We seek to minimise the use of energy in our activities; Lights and equipment will be switched on only when needed and not out of routine.
- Reducing waste where possible by thinking about what we buy and how we use it. Non-essential documents and emails will not be printed. We try to ensure all our printing and photocopying is done on double-sided paper wherever possible.
- We have implemented a waste management programme and have partnered with recycling companies so we can effectively and sustainably dispose of waste.
- We conduct regular cleanups of our area including maintaining council storm drains.
- Reduce and/ reuse packaging and work with suppliers to minimize packaging.
- We are committed to the re-use of cardboard, paper, plastic and office stationery where possible, within the constraints of use – i.e. the sale of medical devices. Scrap paper will be used wherever possible.
- We source refreshments and other office supplies/services from local suppliers; and where possible we will rationalize deliveries to avoid excessive mileage.
- Company vehicles will be serviced regularly to maintain optimum fuel economy and lower Carbon Dioxide emissions
- Whenever geysers require replacement, they will be replaced by solar geysers.
- Obtaining 80% of our electricity from renewable resources and to maintain our solar array. We financially committed USD30 000 to our solar project in 2018.
- All staff have access to this Environmental Policy. It will be reviewed at least annually by the Management Team. The policy will be available on our website.